Founded in 1928 Stoneway is widely recognized as one of the most innovative concrete companies in the Seattle market. “We look for opportunities to separate ourselves from other companies through technology innovation, the quality of our product, and level of service we offer,” says Greg Mckinnon, Operations Manager.
- Need to differentiate low-price bidders in a competitive market
- New and younger generation of contractors looking for technology-enabled methods
Photo Credit: Stoneway Concrete
A drive to maintain technology leadership while bringing new innovative products to customers quickly led Stoneway to Smart Concrete™ from Giatec. A value-added solution for ready-mix producers, Smart Concrete is sold to contractors who want to know the strength of poured concrete in real-time. Wireless sensors placed in the formwork relay temperature and strength results directly from the job site using a ready-mix producer’s app that’s supplied by Giatec
- Smart Concrete, with real-time concrete strength monitoring
- Wireless connectivity providing mix calibration data from job site
- Responsive customer support and professional sales materials from Giatec
Wrapping up, McKinnon says that with Giatec’s Smart Concrete solution, ready-mix suppliers have an innovative way of differentiating themselves in a competitive market while generating important new, high-margin revenue AND creating breakthrough value for contractors. “It’s a win-win situation,” concludes McKinnon.
- Competitive differentiator based on technology leadership and innovation
- Ability to deepen relationships with contractors
- Attractive new high margin revenues with upselling opportunities