It’s that time of year again, and no, we’re not referring to the holidays. We’re talking about World of Concrete, and it’s happening at the Las Vegas Convention Center from January 22 to 25, 2019.
As usual, the event will be packed—over 1,500 exhibitors, tons of demos, educational seminars, workshops, high-profile speakers, and more opportunities to network than ever.
But one of the things we’re most excited about is SmartRock’s nomination for Most Innovative Product (MIP) award in the Business and Technology category. This award recognizes all segments of the concrete and masonry industries. Winners are selected by a panel of experts, editors, and, last but not least, WOC attendees.
You can vote on the show floor at WOC 2019 from Tuesday, January 22 to Friday, January 25. Ballot boxes are located near the entrance of each hall (lobby of South Hall, lobby of North Hall, and near the WOC Gear store in the Grand Concourse).
You can also avoid the crowd by voting online, anytime between now and February 7, 2019. Cast your ballot here to show your support for the most advanced and reliable concrete maturity sensor in the industry.
Why Vote for SmartRock?
The goal of the MIP awards is to celebrate innovation in construction. Here’s why SmartRock embodies this idea:
- Real-time concrete temperature and strength/maturity data is sent via Bluetooth from the sensor straight to your smartphone.
- The hardware is completely wire-free as the sensor is fully embedded in the concrete.
- Installation and activation is simple—all you need is the free iOS/Android SmartRock app.
- Data collection and analysis takes seconds and doesn’t require any expensive readers or data loggers.
- Results are more accurate and reliable than those of cylinder break tests.
- You can share information with team members and stakeholders with the push of a button.
- Any changes to projects can be made in the mobile app rather than the sensor itself.
In an industry that’s still heavily dependent on destructive, slow, expensive, and often unreliable break tests for assessing concrete strength, Giatec’s SmartRock sensors bring a welcome efficiency to the jobsite and pave the way for more sustainable concrete construction.
As most contractors know, delays in construction schedules can cost anywhere between $10K and $15K per day (or more). By giving contractors results in real time, SmartRock minimizes the need for break tests and eliminates waiting periods associated with third-party lab tests and concrete cylinders. This is why SmartRock is being used in over 80 countries (and growing!).
Where to Find Us at World of Concrete 2019
If you’re going to be cruising the halls of WOC in January 2019, you can find Giatec in two convenient locations:
- North Hall (#N1577), where we’ll be showcasing SmartRock, BlueRock, Surf, and iCOR; and
- Central Hall (#C4137), where you can find all things related to Smart Concrete.
Make sure to drop by for a number of activities and treats, including product demos for SmartRock, BlueRock, Surf, and iCOR (every day at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.). And if you’re interested in learning more about any of our products, you can book a one-on-one demo at WOC here.
We look forward to seeing you in Las Vegas!