BlueRock 2 | Concrete Humidity Sensor
What’s New in BlueRock
- Customize data recording frequency. Set BlueRock2 to record data once every several hours or as frequently as every few minutes.
- Extended battery life, now measures up to two years
- Easily export reports in PDF format
BlueRock is a rugged, waterproof sensor designed to wirelessly monitor the relative humidity and temperature of concrete from fresh to hardened stages.
BlueRock can be placed in the concrete at the pouring time to monitor the temperature and humidity of concrete in-situ. The continuous measurements are recorded on the BlueRock memory and can be downloaded at any time during the concrete setting and hardening using BlueRock mobile app on smartphone/tablet.
The continuous monitoring of concrete relative humidity and temperature can be used as a QC/QA method. By knowing the level of humidity in the concrete, flooring companies can decide on the timing of installation of floor covering (such as resilient flooring, epoxy coating, or wood) based on the type of concrete materials. Unlike the current destructive and time-consuming methods that measure only one data point at the testing time and require drilling a hole in concrete, BlueRock offers an embedded wireless solution for continuous measurement and accurate monitoring of internal humidity variations in concrete over time.
BlueRock can be used to monitor the temperature and humidity of fresh and hardened concrete. This can provide information on:
- Drying level in concrete floors
- Effectiveness of curing conditions
- Optimization of flooring installation
- Water penetration in concrete
- Monitoring of humidity gradients
- Wireless technology
- Rugged and waterproof design
- Continuous measurement and recording of temperature and humidity at a wide range of user-selected intervals; ranging from one measurement every few minutes to every several hours.
- Easy installation and activation through tying the wires together
- Long battery life (up to 2 years1)
- Patents pending
- Real-time data display of humidity and temperature
- Free Android and iOS apps for smartphones and tablets
- Interactive history trend plotting of temperature and humidity
- Easy data organization among different embedded sensors
- Easy data sharing of the most updated sensor data
- Full report generation in csv and pdf format
1Operating at room temperature with periodical connections to the sensor.
remove_circle_outlineadd_circle Technical Specifications
|Temperature: -30 to +60 °C
(-22 to +140 °F)
|Relative Humidity: 0 ~ 100 %
||20 to 80%, ±2%
<20% or >80%, ±3%
|Up to 6-8 meters
|39 x 39 x 20 mm
(1.5 x 1.5 x 0.7 inches)
1 Accuracies are tested at Outgoing Quality Control at 25°C and 3.0V. Values exclude hysteresis and long term drift and are applicable to non-condensing environments only.
Note: Specifications are subject to change without notice.
2 The wireless communication range is reduced as the sensor is embedded deeper in the concrete. The maximum recommended concrete depth for embedding the sensor in the field is 5 cm. At this depth, the user can communicate with the sensor within a couple of meters.
3 Normal operating range: 0-80%RH, beyond this limit sensor may read a reversible offset with slow kinetics (+3%RH after 60h at humidity >80%RH).
remove_circle_outlineadd_circle Purchase Items
||Temperature and relative humidity temperature for monitoring fresh concrete in real-time.