Giatec Scientific Inc., a global leader in smart concrete testing technologies, is excited to announce the launch of an annual essay-writing contest that helps civil-engineering researchers expose their R&D to a global audience of industry experts while at the same time celebrating the winner with a monetary award of $1000.
The "Giatec Award for Best Paper" is open to civil-engineering professors, students (undergraduate and graduate), and researchers across Canada and the U.S. Interested individuals can submit either an expository essay or a previously published article that relates to one of the following topics:
- Non-destructive testing (NDT) technologies for concrete
- Concrete durability and sustainability
- Wireless concrete testing
- Rebar corrosion of concrete
- Electrical resistivity of concrete
- Novel cement-based materials
- Articles must be written in English
- Articles must be a minimum of 1000 words in length
- Articles must cover one of the topics listed above
- Previously published articles must have been published in 2017
- Articles must be submitted by July 31, 2018
How to Submit
Submitting is easy. Simply upload a copy of your published article below. Remember, the deadline for submissions is July 31, 2018. A winner will be announced on September 1, 2018. There's a new winner every year so keep submitting articles!
Submission deadline: July 31, 2018
Winner announced: September 1, 2018
Share Your Research with a Global Scientific Community!
In addition to the CAD 1000 award for the author of the winning article, the top 10 submissions will
- Be featured on the Giatec blog, which has a global audience of 150,000 industry experts; and
- Be shared across all of Giatec's social media channels, where we engage with 50,000+ users each month.
Getting this kind of exposure on a global scale is a huge advantage for researchers, especially students who are just beginning to grow their networks and careers.
Giatec's vision is to revolutionize the concrete industry through smart monitoring of concrete and intelligent analysis of collected data during design, production, delivery, placement, and service to create knowledge and wisdom.
Combining wireless concrete sensors and mobile apps, Giatec has developed smart IoT-based technologies for real-time monitoring of concrete properties. This provides critical information to contractors for making efficient decisions on the jobsite saving time and money in their projects.
The strength of Giatec lies in its experts who have a robust understanding of the industry and solve engineering problems using the most recent research and technological tools. Learn more about our smart concrete sensors.
Giatec Scientific Inc.
245 Menten Place, Suite 300
Canada K2H 9E8
Toll Free: +1 (877) 497-6278