Smart Concrete™ Passes South Dakota DOT Test with Flying Colours | Case Study
- Shortage of skilled construction workers driving the need for superior efficiencies on large projects
- Test the use of Smart Concrete™ on a major highway project with South Dakota’s Department of Transportation (DOT) and T&R Inc., a major contractor
- Test verified accuracy of Smart Concrete sensors
- Reduced number of traditional cylinder tests by DOT
- Contractor realized important new efficiencies
- Smart Concrete will be a standard product on future big projects by Concrete Materials and T&R
About Concrete Materials
Concrete Materials is the largest ready-mix supplier in Sioux Falls with a commitment to providing the highest quality materials to construction companies in eastern South Dakota and surrounding states.
Giatec Scientific Inc. is a leading provider of advanced concrete testing solutions to the global construction industry. By combining wireless concrete sensors and mobile apps, Giatec’s unique smart monitoring solutions provide invaluable real-time information on concrete properties.
Giatec's knowledge-based solutions include laboratory devices, Non-Destructive Testing equipment, and wireless sensors for the accurate assessment of various parameters including concrete electrical resistivity, permeability, rebar corrosion potential and corrosion rate, as well as wireless monitoring of concrete temperature, maturity and humidity.
Contractors, builders, and ready-mix producers in over 70 countries use Giatec’s smart monitoring solutions to save time, reduce their labour investment, energy and material costs while measurably increasing the profitability of their building projects.