iCOR Newsletter – August 2017
Wireless Non-Destructive Corrosion Rate Measurement in Reinforced Concrete Structures
Corrosion of rebar is one of the dominant causes of deterioration in concrete structures. Engineers who perform field inspection require fast and accurate tools to detect these damages. Giatec's iCOR is the most advanced wireless non-destructive testing tool for detailed corrosion evaluation of reinforced concrete structures. Unlike other NDT tools, iCOR utilizes a patented technology that eliminates the need to have an electrical connection to the rebar.
Giatec's smart corrosion detection tools, iCOR and XCell are designed to help engineers with fast and accurate detection of the initial signs of corrosion in reinforced concrete structures. These NDT devices combine the most advanced wireless technology with mobile-based apps for easy measurement, data collection, analysis and reporting.
iCOR™ is currently being used by consulting engineers worldwide for:
- Detection of reinforcement corrosion
- Measurement of corrosion rate
- Measurement of real in-situ electrical resistivity of concrete
- Determination of rebar corrosion potential
- Optimizing the repair and rehabilitation strategies
Giatec iCOR world's most advanced wireless corrosion rate measurement device for field applications. It also offers an innovative research tool for laboratory studies.
Giatec iCOR benefits from the patented CEPRA technology that makes it possible to estimate the corrosion rate of rebar through a non-invasive approach. Thanks to this patented technology, the need for a physical connection to the rebar is eliminated and the testing process is streamlined.
What's New in the iCOR Tablet App
The latest version of the Giatec iCOR tablet app will be released with:
- Calculate goodness of fitted curve (R²)
- Support for Japanese, Chinese, French, and Spanish languages
- Extended measurement time options
- Enhanced contour-plot mapping function